Thursday, September 22, 2011

To Breathe


Genesis 2:7

New Living Translation (NLT)
7 Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.


John 20:22

New Living Translation (NLT)
22 Then he (Jesus) breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit."


Inspire comes from a Latin word that means to breathe into, or simply to breathe. So we are born inspired and we are reborn inspired. We are inspired from God and by God.

Here I am, Lord, at your feet,
Breathing in the life you've given.
Breath of God, breath of life, 
Reaching deep within my being.
All your glory set before me,
With awe and wonder I am stricken.
All my heart and soul I give you,
Holy Spirit, gift of heaven.

(http://www.biblegateway.com - I use this webpage for looking up scripture, it is an invaluable tool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment