Monday, September 5, 2011

Period

Periods indicate the end of a thought. And in like manner my periods indicate the end of inspiration. Just as I begin a project, or get excited about going to the gym, or start eating a well balanced diet - lo and behold my period comes and everything stops. It has taken me every effort to feel inspired enough to keep writing. I just wish that menopause would come, after all I'm 53 years old, for goodness sake! But then I question, will I find that time when I'm inspired when my hormones have settled down? I should just be thankful for where I'm at and stop wishing for things to be different. I will take advantage of my messed up hormones and take the creativity that comes with it. I will look forward to the time when I will feel inspired again.

No comments:

Post a Comment