Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Dark Season

This morning when I woke up the clouds were back and I immediately felt downhearted. I realized Fall was fast approaching and with it, the dark season. It's an odd feeling, something I can't quite comprehend, but a feeling I have come to anticipate. I don't seem to be able to prevent it and I don't really want to succumb to it.

It's SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. Although I haven't had a doctor tell me I have it, there is no question in my mind that I do. You know the expression, "It's like night and day."? I don't think that was just about something being opposite, I think it had to do with how people act and feel differently from the dark to the light.

In the past I have let this feeling stop me in my tracks. In this season of my life, in this dark season, I will take those feelings and I will make them work for me, I will use them instead of them using me! I will watch and search for the seeds of creativity. I will look for the inspiration. I will brood like a hen over these emotions. I will be like the goose that lays the golden egg. LOL. I will look for the silver lining in these clouds! (And I will look for something original to say.) ;-)

If you are reading this and you aren't affected by this phenomenon, would you pick up the phone and call someone you suspect might be. Sometimes all it takes is a friendly voice to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment